Scott RichardsPGA Teaching Professional
Scott Richards Profile
I was a late starter to the game of golf, taking the game up when I was 15 years old. Three years later I got my handicap down to 4 and turned pro in 1993 to start my PGA Course at West Cornwall Golf Club.
I passed my final exams in 1997. I then moved from Cornwall to Bristol to start work at the Kendleshire Golf Club. I established myself as a full-time coach, teaching the complete beginner to the experienced and professional golfer. A lot of my time is dedicated to Junior Golf.
In 2005 the lure of Cornwall made my family and I return to Cornwall. I am now offering my full range of golf coaching services in the Truro area.
As well as being a PGA Qualified Teaching Pro, I have a Diploma in Sports Psychology and have completed various seminars. (Body in Golf, Golf Psychology, Coaching Structures) As a Pro I still have lessons myself with Denis Pugh (Monty’s Coach).
Scott says: “No matter what level you play the game you will never stop learning.”
- Head Professional Truro Golf Club, Cornwall, May 2013 to date
- Teaching Professional Carlyon Bay Golf Club, Cornwall 2012 to 2013
- Became Class AA PGA Professional 2012
- Professional, Cape Cornwall Golf and Country Club, Cornwall from 2005
- Gloucestershire and Somerset Captain 2005
- Teaching Professional at the Kendleshire Golf Club 1998 – 2005
- PGA Qualified Golf Professional Since 1997
- Turned Professional in 1993